At VSO, we look for engineers who are hybrid IT and service management experts. We look for individuals who lead with personal initiative to ensure success for our teams and our clients. VSO seeks engineers that have proven technical team leadership and agile management skills as well as extensive background in technical documentation. We believe in the principle of empowerment. Our culture is a cycle of learn, do, and teach. This mentality of empowerment is what we look for in our engineers.
Our veteran mission page focuses on hiring veterans – particularly disabled vets – and providing them an environment of training, automation, and mentorship that ensures they are effective very quickly. While partnering with programs such as DoD Skill Bridge, Disabled American Veterans, Microsoft Systems & Service Academy, as well as others, VSO provides an effective approach to a new career for military veterans. The combination of trained veterans and analytics-based tools provides VSO with leading edge service capabilities at an affordable price point.
VSO is not like every other company. At VSO we build a valuable company by building a company of values.
One of my buddies was a Communications Specialist (aka Military IT). One of his sayings was, “you can talk about us but you can’t talk without us”. As a Combat Specialist, those words stuck to me. VSO has made such an impact on my new career goals, that now I truly understand that saying and the importance of our roles.” Tyrone Berry, Systems Administrator
VSO took my career which was already heavy with leadership experience, recognized and magnified those qualities significantly. The mentorship and guidance on the business side of IT that VSO has provided has been invaluable for my current role and responsibilities and will pay tremendous dividends in all my future endeavors. I very much look forward to my continued growth as a dedicated and valued member of the VSO team!” Ethan Watts, Account Lead
Are you currently in a branch of the military looking for new IT career opportunities after your transition out of your military career?
Ask our recruiters about Skillsbridge!
Skilsbridge offers current military personnel technical training while in the military and transition out into an IT career.Contact us about our Skillsbridge opportunities today!
- Flexible career paths in both technical and business development roles
- Hands-on mentoring with subject matter experts and seasoned professionals
- Technical and Business Development skill mapping programs
- Cultural emphasis on continuous learning and advancement
- Internal Leadership programs for professional and personal growth
- Team driven culture and knowledge sharing work environment
Training and Certification Incentives
Training and certification is core to VSO’s “We are a Performance Culture” principle. In order to make this a reality significant time and monetary resources are invested into our training and certification programs.
- Study groups for certifications & practice tests
- Robust Industry certification bonus program
- Paid technical and business development training
- Partnership training available with (ie. AWS, IBM, Microsoft, SAP, NetApp, VMware, ServiceNow, Red Hat
- Veteran perks and programs available
- Bring your own device with $1000 initial reimbursement
- Cell & Internet Allowance
- Free or discounted training available through partnerships with AWS, IBM, Microsoft, SAP, NetApp, VMware, ServiceNow, Red Hat, Atlassian, UiPath, Google Cloud.
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options
- Accident, Critical Care & Hospital Indemnity
- Fully covered Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Fully covered Long-term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opt-in for additional Accidental Death & Life Insurance
- Legal Services
- Identity Protection
- 401k plan with option to participate 1st of the month following date of hire
- Company contributions to 401k plan after first 12 mos of successful employment
- 1st Principles are invoked in everyday work life
- Top-Down Culture of personal & professional performance driven growth
- Executive participation in building an excellent company of like-minded individuals who work to earn trust, loyalty and respect of all clients and peers.
- Regular Virtual & In-Person company events to foster great work relationships and friendships by seeking to grow the whole person.